WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Painting a Day 2011 - No 4

"Bird and Artichoke"
Painting a Day 2011
No 4
Gallery Price: $185
Auction Opening Bid: $12
Friday Nov 4, 2011 at 6:00pm PDT
on EBAY

Notes of the day: I woke up this morning thinking, "I need to paint a bird on an artichoke!" I have no idea where that came from, although I have been meaning to get a bird painting in the mix and I did notice the artichokes at the store the other day when I was picking out my pears for day 2. Hmmmm, maybe I do know where that idea came from! And now I get to enjoy some yummy artichoke dipped in butter. Too bad nobody else likes it in my family. Lucky me!

On another note - you'll see that the final painting (shown above) has a little more work to it than what was demonstrated. After I stopped the video I realized I wanted to work on the legs of the bird a bit more which caused more peachy-yellow to spill out onto the top left of the painting - oops! I love how it turned out, though, and hope you do too!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

adorable~!

Mary said...

Yum! Artichokes! Thanks Jennifer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online