WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

By the Numbers - Income Charts

I am often asked how I make my living as an artist (by customers as well as other artists). I understand. We all tend to imagine Van Gogh on the streets of France, penniless and unappreciated. Thankfully, today allows self representing artists such as myself more opportunities for showing and selling our art. To that end, for those of you graphically inclined, I thought you might enjoy a peek at my income by venue and product (in percentages, of course :-) These numbers take you up thru Sunday, April 17. Though Art Shows/Festivals are only bringing in about 35% of my income this time of year (after 3 shows thus far), by the Fall this number will increase significantly as I start traveling to more shows this summer. Of course none of these % would be possible without my hugely supportive customers! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has collected my art and supported me throughout the years!



Note: IK = Imagekind, FAA = Fine Art America, Misc includes direct sales from my studio as well as sales thru other galleries/shops.

5 comments:

Crimsonfirestudios said...

Very cool thanks for sharing!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

That was interesting ! Thanks!
-Trish

Ruth Armitage said...

My favorite part of tax time is figuring out my most successful venues. Just curious, on the types of work, what would 'other' represent? Thanks for this peek at your cash flow... it encourages me to try imagekind among other things.

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks all! And yes, Ruth, tax time definitely inspired my review.

Other Products includes my income from 3rd party printers like Imagekind and Zazzle.

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

Interesting how many prints you sell. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online