Why? Because I'm working on a piece to submit to the Arts Center in Corvallis, OR for their Math related exhibit - more info HERE.
I'll be working with prime numbers in a grid format using the seeds of various fruits as the designated number for each block.
- I want a 5 x 7 grid
- Each block should contain a prime number (hopefully under 30 - the smaller the better)
- I don't want any duplicate numbers in a row
- I don't want any duplicate numbers in a column
- Each row should add up to a different prime number (e.g., I don't want 2 rows both adding to 29)
- Each column should add up to a different prime number
There will be more prime numbers hidden throughout, but I'm struggling with this first part. I can get close, but can't quite close the deal.
Be the first to solve my mathematical dilemma (posting your solution in the comments here) and I'll send you a FREE 11 x 14 inch print of the final piece which should be done in March.
(PLEASE NOTE: Free item must be shipped within the US. Only 1 winner.)