WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time to Clean my Palette Mixed Media Style: Recycle those Paints!

"Sunflower Couple - Facing the Storm"
Acrylic on Canvas
2010
Look for this ORIGINAL ART on EBAY
(ends Friday June 11, 2010 - don't miss out on this unique work of art!)

For those who have watched me paint (or have seen my other acrylic mosaic posts), they know that I'm a MESSY painter! Clean up? No way. My palette is a metal pan which builds up layer after layer of acrylic paint. I don't clean it. I just let it dry (I LOVE acrylics!) Once I have several layers (this can takes weeks if I want a thick layer) I then just peel off the dried paint into one big beautiful colorful sheet of collage material. The side that was against the pan is shiny and smooth with colors naturally blending into each other. It's luscious. As I have enough material, I then enjoy cutting it into shapes (often little mosaic squares as seen HERE).

For this painting, however, I've used a larger sheet to create the entire background of the piece. I then cut the acrylic material into strips to layer around the entire canvas.

It's fun, it's creative, and it is a great way to recycle the bulk of my left over paints instead of sending them down the drain or in the trash!

I hope you enjoy my "Sunflower Couple..."!

4 comments:

Fuzz said...

lovely vibrant painting!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks!

AK said...

This is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing.

Simon S. Andrews said...

glorious! you have some badass talent

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online