WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting a Little More Hip into my Art Marketing!


"Growing in the Valley No 11", as seen on my Etsy listing HERE

When I occasionally look back over my online sales presence, I am often amazed at all the little changes that have naturally occurred over time to give my "look" a little more professionalism and depth. Many of my promotional images and documents have evolved over the years, and thankfully, I think have improved.

As artists we market ourselves in a variety of ways - Artist bios, head shots, artwork images, packaging, facebook, twitter, and so much more!

So, as I march along this path of little improvements, it's sometimes nice to note a little change that I took the time to figure out so that I could have a little better presentation.

The Setting Shot.

I wanted to be able to give my buyers a little better idea of the size of the artwork, without having to reduce myself to putting myself in the photo, a ruler in the photo, a quarter in the photo... you get the idea. I also wanted to give my artwork a little more "hipness"

So, by purchasing a little red chairs image from canstockphoto.com for the minimal price of $2.00, I can now add a little style to my presentation using a little Photoshop know-how.
(above image) as seen on my ETSY listing HERE

I know I'm late to the party on this one - but I'm sure I'm not the only one! Give it a try, if you haven't already. You'll be finding yourself having a lot of fun with a little interior decoration.

And if you look at my Etsy listings of with these images, you'll note I still have kind of a mix of old marketing images with the new. Hopefully, I'll continue to update my files!

Happy Marketing!

2 comments:

Dana Chabino said...

Love your blog & your paintings! :)

Best wishes!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks Dana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online