WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Favorite Places... a New Series in Progress

Here is the first of a new series of "favorite places" paintings on which I'm working. Although I spend a lot of time enjoying the outdoors (my husband knows - put me in a good mood? Take me on a hike!), I also enjoy quiet moments inside as well. This painting in progress is a cozy reading corner. I started with a grey gessoed canvas (much of which you can still see). I've just finished my basic compositional outline - trying to let the viewer mosey on up the canvas. I'll block out larger shapes of color next.



Come back and watch how it progresses over the coming week! I may have to add a favorite book to leave on the table - we'll see!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online