WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Fun of A Painting in a Painting...

"Reading in the Green Room"
ORIGINAL Acrylic on Canvas
20 x 30 x 1.5 inches
2010
$585.00
Availalbe on ETSY

I once met a very nice artist at a show in Port Townsend, WA a few years ago who shared this little fun tidbit with me... the fun of having a painting in a painting is that you can use the technology of the day and print it out with any number of other paintings you've created hanging on the wall. That little thought has remained in the back of my head for quite awhile. I am so excited I finally get to try it! (And a special thanks to Lone Hansen for the idea.)

Also - note that I finally have a table, book, lamp, cup of coffee, and favorite family photos added to the scene! I hope you enjoy - and check out these fun renditions!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

This came out so nicely~!

CVOChristi said...

I love to see this painting grow! Any particular way you chose what color to start your under painting with? I notice none of it shows, so I wondered if it matters (yes, I have a project in mind myself).

Thanks,
Chris

Jennifer Lommers said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you! I've been using a grey gesso to stretch my canvases lately. I like starting with a medium ground so that I'm less distracted by areas of bright white when I start out a painting. Typically none of it will show when I'm done. There are probably several layers of color that won't show either as I build my layers and tweek the colors and composition.

I hope that helps and thanks for asking!

Jennifer

Simon S. Andrews said...

i really like this one

Simon S. Andrews said...

i really like this one

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online