WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Friday, May 28, 2010

Before and After - a floral transformation


I finally finished the floral painting I started as a demo in my daughter's 1st grade class. It reiterates my layered painting method - constantly re-working the painting while leaving bits of color from each painting session to peek thru. The final piece was inspired by thoughts of Marigolds as my daughter and I discussed methods for keeping the slugs away from her watermelon plant (that she tearfully saved from a naughty slug). Her farming roots are strong! I hope you enjoy the transformation - and look for it to be available for sale some time next week!

(detail images)

1 comment:

Simon S. Andrews said...

i like the before one more than the after, which isn't to say the after one isn't fabulous either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online