WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bamboo Fine Art Paper - a Comparison

As a follow-up to my discussion on purchasing a new printer "Artist Survival 101: setting up a new printer", I would like to show off a new fine art paper too - the Bamboo Paper from Hahnemuhle. I purchased the 13 x 17 inch sheet size which comes in a 290 gsm weight, smooth, natural white. I've tried the PremierArt Watercolor Fine Art paper which comes in a 210 gsm in a bright white, but found that when printing a larger size (image size 11 x 14, e.g.), I liked a heavier paper. The PremierArt paper works great for the smaller prints, and makes them more economical for my customers at about 1/3 the price of other papers. For prints larger than 8 x 10, however, I will be using the Bamboo Paper. I like the fact it's made from a renewable resource (90% bamboo), it's a little heavier, and I like the softer, warmer white for my images. If it just had a little more tooth to it, it would be absolutely perfect. Give it a try - you may like it!



PremierArt Watercolor paper shown on top of the natural white of the Babmoo Paper


Top Poppy image: PremierArt Watercolor paper
Bottom Poppy Image: Bamboo paper

only close inspection can really show a difference

3 comments:

thewillowsnest said...

thanks for the tip! they both look great!
Do you photograph or scan your artwork when making prints?

Another Daydreamer said...

I've added this to the EBSQ Friday Five. :D

Jennifer Lommers said...

Willowsnest: Anything about 30 x 30 or smaller I scan. Larger than that gets a little difficult and I'll take it for a photo shoot.

Daydreamer: Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online