WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Print of the Month - Get a DEAL and support a good CAUSE!

I am happy to announce a NEW program that I'll be promoting once a month HERE on my blog ONLY where YOU can get a great deal on one of my prints AND I'll donate part of the proceeds to a good cause!

Without further ado...

PRINT OF THE MONTH
MARCH 2010


"Two Goldfinch Found"
Fine Art Quality Reproduction
MARCH 2010 ONLY

$2.00 from each sale will be donated to

(4/1/10) THIS PROMOTION IS NOW CLOSED - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DONATE DIRECTLY to SAVEJOHANNASBRAIN!

About the Painting
The original painting of "Two Goldfinch Found" was created while participating in the 2008 Spokane Artfest in Spokane, WA. I find some of my most fun, interesting, and playful paintings to be created while I demonstrate. There is something about having people watch me work that causes me to contemplate a little longer, a little deeper. I worked from bird sketches I had in my sketchbook and incorporated some of the lovely outdoor lighting and shrubbery from my surroundings. (Artfest was located in a beautiful park and was home to many large pine trees.) I donated the original for auction to raise money for the North Cascades Conservation Council (NC3) and therefore, given its history, seemed a fitting subject for my first charity print.

About the Print
The print is created with archival quality inks on fine art watercolor paper using a digital scan to capture the original painting's true color and texture. The print is signed on the front then packed in an acid free sleeve complete with foam core for added protection. The print is shipped flat via USPS Priority Mail within the U.S. An artist bio is also included.

About the CAUSE!
My husband brought this cause to my attention, as he interviewed Johanna a while back as part of a running article on which he was working and was saddened to see her brain tumor had returned when she was featured in our local (Corvallis, OR) paper. To find out more about Johanna, please feel free to visit his blogpost "Put That Grande Latte Down...Now!" or visit her official website "SaveJohannasBrain.com"

$2.00 for every print sold will be donated directly to Johanna's website via Paypal by April 5, 2010, at which time I will announce the amount raised here on my website: JenniferLommers.com. This promotion cannot be combined with other orders, is available only thru my blog using Paypal and will only last until the end of the month at which time a new print and cause will be announced. Thank you for your support! If you would like to donate DIRECTLY to Johanna, PLEASE FEEL FREE to do so! I'm sure she would appreciate it.

1 comment:

thewillowsnest said...

what a great idea Jennifer.. you always have great ideas!!!
Cute print!! I do love your birdies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online