As I consider the direction of my artwork for those most thoughtful, inventive, and productive months of my year (January - March), I also look back to how my art has progressed over the last few years - which made me think as I was perusing my binder of artwork past - how many paintings & drawings have I created and catalogued in here? (Now, admittedly, I was not the best record keeper in the beginning when I was just pursuing an interest in my spare time, thinking it was another creative phase that would pass. Therefore, I only have complete inventory records of my finished artwork from 2007 forward.) I am happy to report, however, that today after creating over 400 finished paintings and drawings in the last 3 years, I am still going strong as a full time artist and looking forward to exploring many new ideas and techniques in 2010!
What else is on my agenda this month?
- Reviewing my desired 2010 show calendar, putting all deadlines and dates on my calendar
- Updating my website to be more interactive with my blog and other online communities
- Uploading my latest images to my online printshop: Imagekind.com
- Working on a supply list, including sourcing a new printer (yea!) as well as toner for my old printer
- Organizing my new (temporary) studio space in order to have an open studio - I'll be looking for a permanent studio space in downtown Corvallis in April when my lease is up - yea again!
- Preparing for the Bellevue Home Show
- Restocking inventory after a busy 2009! Thanks to you I'm OUT of cards and prints!