WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Screen Printing 101 Continued...

"Tangerine Birds"
Available on ETSY
$35.00

As I've mentioned before, I haven't screen printed since shortly after college (aka "awhile ago"). After playing with image transfer techniques, and enjoying their effect, it made me realize that I might be able to go even further with my repeated bird images by using the screen printing technique as well.

My first attempt at creating my image for printing failed (using sun to expose the screen may not have been my best choice). My second attempt has worked out much better! It took me several tries pulling the ink and using different materials and paper in order to get a somewhat clean image, but I finally finished one and it is definitely PROGRESS! I actually liked the uneven quality of the lime green feathers and the newspaper print kind of texture with the black outlines. However, I think overall I will actually prefer the cleaner lines of the photo emulsion, and will give that another try using a bulb instead of the sun. I may end up using a mix of the 2 techniques down the road, but we'll see. The saga continues...

For now, my new little birdie pair is available online at my NEW Etsy printshop: www.Studio262.etsy.com


2 comments:

thewillowsnest said...

Hey congrats on your new store..your wee birdies came out great!!!!!!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online