WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Superimposing my Art-Life onto my Home-Life


Yes, I am a full time artist. I am also a full time MOM! Tuesdays are typically busy, busy, busy, because it's my volunteer day at school, but life seems to have taken it up a notch today.

Like many people I wear many hats. As a self-employed artist I have found wearing those hats to be a little more crazy since I can go back and forth between work and home any time of day. I have to admit that my artist life came to fruition not only due to my need to create and be creative, but also my need to have a flexible schedule for my family - and for that I am VERY grateful. Today is a good example of that crazy life, and just for fun, I'm sharing. Feel free to share YOUR crazy day here too, as I know I had them when I worked full-time as a computer consultant as well as when I was a stay-at-home mom full time when my kids were born. It happens!

First of all, let me just say that I returned from an art show in Sacramento yesterday and am just getting over a bought of vertigo that hit me during the trip home.... not the best way to start my week. Also, I'm in the middle of buying a house. Ahhh the paperwork!

  • 6:45 am - wake up and get dressed and get kids up and moving before running the spouse to work due to his training schedule today.
  • 7:20 am - back from dropping off hubby, fix breakfast for kids, pack lunches, and drive to school (we usually bike, but my vertigo was having none of that today!)
  • 8:05 am - wait for 1st grade teacher to come out of room for the start of school so that I can ask her to discreetly deliver a few birthday invitations for my daughter's birthday party on Thursday. Take car to storage and unload supplies from weekend show/trip.
  • 8:30 am - back home - MAKE COFFEE and then pack two online card orders to ship today and print out documents that need signing for the house.
  • 9:10 am - back to school to volunteer for reading and then running program (note - still NOT showered)
  • 10:20 am - back home - place book order for school, write up a couple more online orders, order art calendars, discuss inspection report on house with realtor.
  • 11:30 am - SHOWER
  • 11:50 am - Walk the dog
  • 12:15 am - Off to post office, drop off rented car top carrier, run by husband's office to get papers signed, run over to realtor to meet/discuss/drop off papers, back to school to volunteer in art class and then help with afternoon crossing guard duty.
  • 3:00 pm - back home for a short break (hence, my writing this right now, when, admittedly, I should be doing something else, but what the heck I admit it - I'm a whiner)
  • 4:15 pm - off to soccer practice for son
  • 5:00 pm - pick up husband so that he can watch part of soccer practice
  • 5:30 pm - dinner while watching soccer match (and I'm looking forward to this nice family time!)
  • 7:00 pm - back home - make sure homework gets done, dishes get done, and pack 2 more online orders to ship in the morning before I leave for Seattle to deliver artwork for my show opening on Friday.

Oh yeah, I need to BAKE A CAKE for my daughter's birthday somewhere in there! At least my vertigo seems to be getting better!

Well, that's life. I love it.

5 comments:

Tera said...

You are one busy Mama! Is there anything I can do to help??? I would be happy to help ya with something. I can bake a cake, but decorating it is another story :) Hang in there! You are doing great!

babbler said...

Jennifer, it was wonderful reading about your day! I am a real estate agent and can relate. I have had my bouts of vertigo for the past 10 years, I always wonder what caused it and why so many people suffer from it. I hope you are feling better, take a look at whether you are iron deficient, mine seems worse when I am not taking it. Enjoy the rest of this wonderful day!
Mrs. Slug

LDahl said...

I wondered how you were fitting all you do into 24 hours. Now I know. Warp speed. You're amazing.

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks all! And... I'm happy to report I made it through the rest of my busy week and am now enjoying a day doing nothing with my kids (inservice day). A happy restful weekend to all!

Blenda said...

Always enjoy reading your blog. I'm never disappointed. What an action packed day! I can tell though you love what you are doing.
(PS. I left a comment to your comment on my blog. Then got to thinking you may not find it there unless I tell you about it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online