WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Friday, August 14, 2009

Painting BIG (well, a little big) at the FRESH PAINT show in Everett


"The Dance of Spring"


I love painting on a big canvas. So much so, I've even considered painting solely BIG. I LOVE the movement and texture associated with larger sweeping brush strokes - physically moving with the painting. However, until I firm up a larger studio space... it's one big painting at a time. And the one right now? Well, it's almost 8 feet long by 2 1/2 feet tall. And I'm itching to go bigger! I just put the final touches on today, though, and am looking forward to picking up more canvas from Artisan Custom Canvas (a GREAT local custom canvas builder) at the end of the month so that I can start my next big (but not quite as big) commission.

In the meantime - come watch me paint a 30 x 40 inch canvas at the Fresh Paint show in Everett, WA this weekend! It's a great ARTIST IN ACTION show where you can watch glass-blowing, encaustic painting, metalsmithing, and more!

4 comments:

Blenda said...

Looks like you are having an excellent summer. So many wonderful events going on. Enjoy!
PS Thanks for the info on your framer. Is he local for me, in the Portland OR area?

Jennifer Lommers said...

He's in Vancouver, WA. I love using his custom built canvases! He's a one man show, so orders can back up a bit for him, but they are well worth the wait.

Best wishes!

Victoria Webb said...

I used to paint very large, 8'x6' on a regular basis for a while. It's very freeing, but requires some space.

I just tore up one of my older ones to turn into small canvases. That's freeing too!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Victoria - how Lee Krasner of you! I love how she would cut up old paintings to make new art.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online