WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Land of Milk and Honey - NEW Little Bird Painting


"The Land of Milk and Honey"

Painted during the "Craft-In" show in Newberg, Oregon - my latest little bird painting is full of nature's goodness, Milk (the sunny little world beyond the undergrowth) and Honey (the sweet little yellow bird considering flight into the milky goodness). I'm beginning to think that I should paint all my art at shows! I tend to be more thoughtful and take more time while painting at a show. I break often to help customers and then take a moment to stand back and see my progress. The result is more layers of color and a greater compositional consideration. This particular piece started out as a landscape of rolling hills and large oak trees, but the hills seemed to transition to branches which then led me down this warm and lovely garden path.

LOOK for this painting at the Currents Gallery SHOW in McMinnville, Oregon



August 12 - September 14

Opening Reception

August 15, 2009
5pm - 8pm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online