WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Monday, June 1, 2009

Painters of Etsy: A Treasury Showcase of Talent!

SEE this LOVELY ETSY TREASURY here for larger luscious images of this art!

Etsy Painters are often overlooked in Etsyland as painting requires a very different approach than graphic design, fashion and functional art. I pulled together a collection of what I would call true Painters (MANY MORE are on Etsy, this is just a sampling). These arists are working a painting, not an image. They are conscious of the whole canvas/paper and work the composition throughout the painting process. The art is more than what you see, it is all that came before it too. I hope you enjoy this collection and pop on over to ETSY for a better look!

4 comments:

artslice said...

Ooh, nice collection... I'll be checking out some of those shops!
~Brenda

Ruth Armitage said...

Isn't that gel done yet? :) Can't wait to see your results!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks Brenda!

Thanks for following the Image Transfer posts Ruth! I'm almost done and posted my latest step today. Now I just need to apply the images to my work!

Blenda said...

Hi Jennifer,
Well said. You are so right. It's not just the finished piece but the whole process of creating that goes into making a painting. That's what makes it art.
Thank you again for including my piece :^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online