WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome to the Saturday Market


"The Saturday Market"
May 2, 2009


Well, I finally made it into the Eugene Saturday Market! And no wonder. I think everyone who came made it in on Saturday due to the prediction of rain. What the weather report did not say was that rain would come in BUCKETS and whip a wind through the market that would take out all the vendors around me and send umbrellas flying. It was quite an introduction! Amazingly enough (and with many thanks to the kind vendors around me) I did not lose any inventory to the weather conditions despite having only a couple umbrellas to cover my table and at least the front half of me. (The back half of me was SOAKED!) I even made a couple sales! I was very sore the next day, though, from holding the umbrella all day and then grabbing and pulling back as tightly as I could on my easel for a couple hours during the windy worst of it to keep it from flying to the next county.

Not to worry though, I WILL BE BACK. I LOVE the people and the atmosphere of this great market. I can see why it is rated so highly. I am looking forward to getting an 8 x 8 space and using a tent in the next storm!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online