WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Saturday, May 23, 2009

That's "Ferry" not "Fairy"!


Maybe it's because I grew up on the bays and inlets of Northwest Washington, but when someone says "ferry" to me, I know they mean the BOAT (not the magical flying creature kind). As I was working on my latest painting (a commission piece - not for sale!) I would tell people I was working on a "ferry painting" and they inevitably thought I was making a painting of little flying sprites (not that there's anything wrong with that... well... not my kind of art, really). I finally got in the habit of saying "ferry boat painting".

The painting is finally finished and will be on it's way to my client this week. I had such a good time painting it, I may have to think about painting ferries more often!

I hope you enjoy this little glimpse of the finale!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online