WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Commission Canvas has arrived!

I just received my 40 x 60 inch canvas from my canvas builder: ARTISAN CUSTOM CANVAS. I used to actually build and stretch my own, but I finally had to admit that I just don't have time for it. I'm so glad I found Graydon (owner of Artisan Custom Canvas). I'm happy to not only receive a high quality product for a reasonable price, but also to BUY LOCAL! (He's in Vancouver, WA). I'm also happy to get to start the actual painting of my ferry boat commissioned work! Here's a peek at the underpainting that I started today (after putting together my "sketch board" (my collage of drawn/painted/photographed/found/patron provided images from which I can build the foundations of my painting shown on the easel to the right). I'm looking forward to bringing my cool colors tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online