WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Progression of a Plein Air Painting


"A Bend in the Road"
A Painting in Progess - session 1

I paint using a couple different methods. Each method depends on the day (whether hiking/outdoors is a possibility), the materials (canvas vs paper/ paint vs pencil & ink), and my creative mood (exploring my imagination vs observing my surroundings). Today was a plein air day! Spring has hit the Willamette Valley with 80 degree weather and trees bursting with new foliage and blooms. I only had a few hours to spare this morning, so I hiked a little bit up the Midge Cramer path where I found a lovely little spot showcasing a bend in the road. Although I enjoy this sweet little gestural plein air landscape, I'm actually looking more forward to what comes NEXT. Now, I head back to the studio and have some fun, creating a more contemporary and vivid piece of art! Stay tuned over the next few days to see the results as they progress...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online