WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More Commission Work - A Water Scene


Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, I have always loved the water. I spent many hot summer days swimming in various lakes and bays (brrrr) in the area. Water is always nearby in this beautiful part of the country. My grandparents had a little beach house that was built over the bay on stilts and since my dad was a teacher we had the opportunity to spend many weeks there over the years. I loved looking for crabs under rocks, fishing for Rock Cod, making mud pies, walking the beach, and watching the boats go by. The sounds of waves crashing will forever be the calming voice that clears my head of nonsense and allows me to enjoy the moment.

When I was asked to do a commission of a water scene of a Pacific Northwest Bay I was delighted. I don't actually paint the water often, and this gave me a great opportunity to reacquaint myself with the soothing lines, shapes, and colors that the waterways provide. I'm currently in the idea-stage, sketching out some compositions and seeing how they work. Here's a close-up of one which includes a little ferry scene.

I hope you enjoy! I know I'm having fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online