WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eugene Saturday Market

I've decided to try my hand at the Eugene Saturday Market this year, and am looking forward to getting a spot... one of these days!

The Eugene "Saturday Market" (did you know that they have that phase copyrighted?) is an amazing artisan & food marketplace in downtown Eugene (around 6th & Oak St) located right next to the farmer's market as well. As you are told during your first orientation, it is an amazing dance of check-in, set-up, selling, and take-down that happens every Saturday from Spring to Fall. It is also a very democratic organization and you gain the right to sell/show by earning "points" (not by selling a certain $ amount). Their philosophy - the marketplace will dictate what sells and who returns. Every time you show up (and check-in and wait to have your name called) you earn a point - whether they have space for you to sell or not. So far, I have not earned a spot... yet. However, I do have 2 points now and am hoping after I get 3 or 4 I may be able to set-up shop.

Anyway - if you were looking for me there these last 2 weeks... Sorry! But, I'm hoping I'll get in next time. And if not, I would highly recommend bringing your warm cup of coffee down to the market and mill about to enjoy the dance!

2 comments:

Blenda said...

Hi Jennifer,
Best wishes on your Saturday Market venture!
If we get down to Eugene some Saturday I'll stop by to say hi. I'm from the Portland area.
As always your artwork is wonderful :^)

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online