WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chickadee Transformation


Something about this chickadee painting (left) was bothering me. I was in a rush last year, however, and needed to get more artwork framed up for a show. Well, I wasn't surprised, when a year later this little guy was still looking for a home. So... I finally decided to unframe this piece and rework it a bit, and I'm SO happy I did! With the blooming of daffodils all around me to inspire and some new Daniel Smith paints to try, I pulled out my brushes and palette. I realized as I was doing this that the bird itself was not quite proportioned correctly and the coloring was a bit off too. I took this opportunity to update him and create a more fun and vibrant foliage for him to enjoy.

I hope you enjoy my NEW Spring Chickadee!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online