WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Friday, March 6, 2009

Living the Dream... Almost.


"Ready to Ride" available on ETSY!


When my husband and I were trying to figure out where we wanted to spend the next 15 years and raise our kids, we drove around much of Oregon trying to find the right town. Once we settled on Corvallis we spent several vacations getting to know our newly adopted home before we moved there. We would sit in a yummy local coffee shop downtown (New Morning Bakery) enjoying our sweet treat and coffee dreamily contemplating what life would be like once we moved here and the coffee shop would be a regular stop.

Yesterday I lived the dream (although different local downtown coffee shop - the Beanery). After dropping kids off at school I enjoyed spending my morning at the coffee shop drawing this little bicycle that sat outside my window (one of the things we LOVE about this town - it's bicycle crazy!)

The only problem now - NO ROOM! When we moved here we had to quickly find a place to live before school started for the kids and ended up in a little apartment. Since we were still getting to know the town I didn't want to commit to studio space right away as I wasn't sure how long it would be before we bought a house (and maybe have an in-house studio). I've since decided that I would love to have a downtown studio and it would be best for my sanity (and my family's) to have the studio separate from my home. So... as I am still cramped and trying to paint and prepare for shows, I'm happily looking for STUDIO space! Check out my current working environment - frames leaning on the walls, paintings hanging or on easels everywhere, mat & card supplies lining every wall, a desk full of papers and art, and paths - literally little paths - to get through it all. (You can see why it was so nice to do some drawing at the coffee shop.) So yes, I'm living the dream in our new hometown - knowing my dream will soon be perfected! Hopefully I'll be posting beautiful pics of my roomy studio space soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online