WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Bumblebee


Last summer I was at the Fresh Paint Festival in Everett, WA and, as usual, had a booth set-up on the dock by the waterfront. (Here's a lesson for all newbies to this show!) As I was taking a Credit Card for payment on an item, it slipped out of my hands and went right between the cracks of the dock - NOOOOOO! (NEWBIES - BRING a RUG to put under your work area - I know I will!) Now, the good news was that the tide wasn't in all the way. The bad news - I couldn't find a way to get under the dock. Thankfully, my VERY NICE customer leaped the fence herself and jumped under the dock and by some miracle (the underside of the dock is basically a hill full of large jagged rocks) actually found her credit card. I asked her for her address to send her a special "thank you". Since she had asked for miniature art (specifically any bumble bees), I am happy to say this sweet little bumble bee is now in the mail on it's way to offer my gratitude. I know, I know, it's been about 7 months since this happened, and I'm a little slow with my thank you, but there you go. I've been a little behind in everything I do this year since our move to Oregon this Fall. I'm hoping to get caught up on my todo list by NEXT winter!

I hope you enjoy (and she enjoys!) this sweet little bee.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online