WELCOME to my ART & STUDIO BLOG

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Little Bits of Nature

I have always been fascinated with seeds - especially the cool big pod things that come off of really big trees (I'm not sure what these ones were - I'm still getting familiar with the trees in Corvallis. They're not horsechestnut, though, I do know that). This week I've been working small (returning to the fun of the ATC format - basically an "art trading card", 2.5 x 3.5 inch size as is standard with other trading cards). A couple years ago - has it really been a couple?? - I did many of these cards and enjoyed getting new ideas from using such a small format. They often lend well to becoming larger paintings because you are more focused on the design of the space than the objects themselves. The subject I decided to try small this time?.. the little bits of nature that I find as I walk the paths of Corvallis. And lately, that means some really cool seed pods. Here's a couple.You can find this pair available for sale at MY ETSY STORE. I hope you enjoy, and take a moment to notice the seed pods along the way of your next trip outdoors.

3 comments:

jess gonacha said...

these are lovely!!

Ridge said...

The "spikey" one is something we had back East and it was called a "sweetgum" tree!

Jennifer Lommers said...

Thanks Ridge! I'll have to see if that's what it is. I LOVE its shape, and looking like it was going to crawl away...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online